Search This Blog

Ongoing Kindness to Others...
• Post here daily messages or ideas that reach outward in kindness to make the lives of others happier.
• Alternately, comment on posts made by other class members to encourage and support their efforts.

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

A (little) Way I Feel Important

Hi all,

I've been getting into baking and cheeseboard design lately because of a friend's inspiration. Here's the first creation I'm really proud of! I made it for my best friend's birthday.

I really love looking that the new skills people have honed over the quarantine. It helps me to stay really positive. I also find that the task of assembling something beautiful relaxes me and having people enjoy what I make makes me feel important (even if only a little bit) to other people. I mostly stopped cooking when I went to college to I'm really grateful for the opportunity to get back to it! 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This is SO cool! I have also been getting more into cooking thanks to quarantine, but you are on a whole other level!!! Bravo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings are to Alysandra,

    I applaud your efforts and your great success! Thank you for sharing this work of art. You have a great talent in this area. You should pursue it!

    Sincerely,

    April Vihilidal

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cheeseboards; I like to go out and order them when I'm feeling fancy. It's been a while since I've made my own but with everything going on, now is the perfect time to use the ingredients I have at home. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am impressed with that first outing! I can hardly plate normal food,and like you I hardly cook anymore. I may try to get back into it as well.

    ReplyDelete