Search This Blog

Ongoing Kindness to Others...
• Post here daily messages or ideas that reach outward in kindness to make the lives of others happier.
• Alternately, comment on posts made by other class members to encourage and support their efforts.

Friday, June 26, 2020

Glasses for Color Blindness

I had never heard of glasses for people who are color blind until today. I am not color blind but have several friends who are. So this seems fantastic to me and makes me really happy to have learned about this!
https://nymag.com/strategist/article/color-blind-glasses-enchroma.html

4 comments:

  1. It is weird to think about if these actually work. And if they do, to what degree. My friend tried a pair and said it made everything a red hue. But, if they do work that would nice for the people that are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's interesting, Nathan. i don't know anyone who has tried them. I wonder if they work for some people and not others...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings are to Doctor Leslie Donovan,


    After reading the article, I thought about my ability to see color. It reminded me to be thankful that I can see color. Today my gratitude list included the color blue. I wrote a Haiku that I shall share with you as I contemplated the blueness of the sky today.

    Blue skies, apple pies,
    and a gentle zephyr for
    smooth sailing today.

    It seems we are all sailing on the same wavelength. An excellent article to read is "The (Mostly) Quantum Physics Of Making Colors."
    Chad Orzel
    Contributor
    Science
    I write about physics, science, academia, and pop culture.
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/chadorzel/2019/07/01/the-mostly-quantum-physics-of-making-colors/#4f43e1739539

    Sincerely,

    April Vihilidal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that they work for around 20% of people. That's a start, and perhaps with future technology that percentage will increase. I saw this article about how gene therapy may be able to help those with monochrome color blindness: https://onezero.medium.com/an-engineered-virus-could-cure-color-blindness-c2f311a346ae

    ReplyDelete