Search This Blog

Ongoing Kindness to Others...
• Post here daily messages or ideas that reach outward in kindness to make the lives of others happier.
• Alternately, comment on posts made by other class members to encourage and support their efforts.

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Goat Joy




I've been staying on a farm for the past couple weeks, and they have the funniest and most adorable goats. The white one in the picture is Sophie, and her kid is Goldie. The goats love people and follow them around the farm when they can, and the kids are just little bundles of joy. If you collect some pine needles from a tree, they'll crowd around to get a snack, and they don't mind being pet at all. A new baby goat just arrived from another farm on Saturday as well, and she and Goldie have been playing nonstop. These pictures really don't do them justice, but the goats have been a steady source of happiness for me. 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE goats. It is wonderful to hear how adjusted to people they are. How long have you had them for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alas, they are not my goats - they belong to the people I was staying with. I did get to spend a good chunk of time with them, though, and I can safely say that I love goats now as well. Do you have goats?

      Delete
  2. Greetings art to Anna Granquist, thank you for sharing your joy! The photos and your story brought joy to my heart. During my childhood, I spent summers on my family's farms in Kent, Washington. Farm life is healthy and rejuvenating. I am happy for you.

    ReplyDelete