Search This Blog

Ongoing Kindness to Others...
• Post here daily messages or ideas that reach outward in kindness to make the lives of others happier.
• Alternately, comment on posts made by other class members to encourage and support their efforts.

Sunday, July 5, 2020

Jams and syrups!

One of the key things I’ve been using in my mindfulness practice is scents. 

As you all know I love to cook/bake, but this week I’ve tried making syrups. This week I’ve made mango syrup and blueberry lavender syrup. They smell delicious. They take about 40 minutes and the whole house smells sweet and herbal. 

I usually use my essential oil diffuser, but I love the smells of syrups fill the whole house and create a perfect environment for mindfulness! If you like foraging or growing herbs, try making them into a simple syrup and doing your mindfulness practice simultaneously. It was extremely relaxing. 

2 comments:

  1. Greetings are to Alysandra,

    I do not know what your major is. You seem to have a passion for cooking/baking. Wow! The smell of syrups filling the house! It sounds wonderful. Have you ever thought of Culinary School? I can see you owning your high-end restaurant someday. Continue sharing your creativity in the kitchen. Big dreams and potential realities start with small beautiful, imaginative ideas such as yours.

    Sincerely,

    April Vihilidal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is such a fun idea! I think I will try to make mint syrup this week. Another thing I have been wanting to try is making citrus garlands. I've heard that your house smells amazing when making them!

    ReplyDelete